The Joint Economic Development Initiative (JEDI) Indigenous Business Accelerator Program is a unique 10-week program designed to assist eligible Indigenous businesses and Community-owned businesses with the tools to excel in advanced business opportunities with industry and Federal procurement.
As part of the program, participants will benefit from:
- instruction in business fundamentals ranging from financial management to marketing;
- support in cohort projects to help the company move forward;
- experts in residence;
- mentors who have been successful entrepreneurs;
- networking events;
- development resources;
- perks such as free tools and discounts;
- connections to the greater startup eco-system.
Participants will obtain a customized business support plan, receive mentorship from experienced entrepreneurs in their same sector, receive connections to financial resources and advice on how to raise capital, as well as have one-on-one time with key resources such as research and development organizations and business support organizations.
The initiative is supported by the Government of Canada, the Government of New Brunswick, and multiple industry partners.