The Joint Economic Development Initiative (JEDI) is dedicated to supporting Indigenous people in reaching their full economic development potential through advocacy and networking. JEDI invites applications for Indigenous Reconciliation Awareness Module (IRAM) Facilitators.
JEDIís IRAM program provides education to government, industry and private sector organizations and First Nation communities on Indigenous history and its impacts on Indigenous people to present day. Reporting to JEDIís IRAM Coordinator, the positions require experience in delivering, promoting and evaluating Indigenous programs. The incumbents will have a deep understanding of Indigenous history, particularly the legacy of Indian residential schools, and of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canadaís Calls to Action. JEDI will provide comprehensive IRAM facilitation training to incumbents.
The IRAM program requires approximately 8-10 IRAM Facilitators on an ongoing, as-needed basis. Some of the positions require bilingualism (English/French). Frequent travel to regional locations is anticipated.
- Facilitate the IRAM program within a team environment and provide facilitation support.
- Ensure timely set up at delivery locations, including supplies and technical equipment.
- Actively promote the IRAM program to clients and potential clients.
- Monitor and record IRAM delivery outcomes, issues/obstacles and participant feedback and communicate findings through formal and ad hoc reporting requirements.
- Participate in program debrief sessions.
- University degree in a related field such as Education. An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience may be considered.
- A minimum of 2 yearsí experience in group facilitation, workshop delivery or similar public speaking initiatives.
- Program evaluation experience is a strong asset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of First Nations history, communities, culture and social concerns. Preference will be given to qualified candidates of Indigenous descent.
- Superior written and spoken communications and presentation skills.
- Fluent bilingualism (English/French) is required for some Facilitator positions.
- Experience in relationship and partnership development with First Nations communities and organizations, provincial, federal and private sectors.
- High degree of technical skills including set up and operation of audio visual equipment and proficiency in MS Office (in particular Word and PowerPoint).
- Valid driverís licence and willingness to travel frequently.
- A criminal background check is required.
If you are interested in this position please submit your confidential resume and cover letter saved as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org stating IRAM Facilitator in the subject line.
Please follow JEDI's Facebook page to learn about new positions as they come up.